Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thoughts on Darwin's Game


Spoilers ahead!

I accidentally got sucked into this one when I saw my brother watching it and then joined him. This is a new show that just came out this year, I usually don't watch shows that are still airing because I don't like waiting a week between episodes, but since I started this one I felt obligate to finish (and the premise is intriguing so I did actually want to know what happened!). There's this guy named Sudou Kaname that downloads an app called Darwin's Game (duh). He thinks it's a normal game, but it's a game where when you fight your life is on the line. Each player gets a special ability called a Sigil that helps them fight their battles. It's kind of your typical shounen where it's just a normal guy but somehow he's really strong and really cunning and manages to outsmart the best players, et cetera, et cetera. That doesn't necessarily bother me, but things just kind of felt too easy if that makes sense. The characters are okay, I don't hate them or anything but I'm not especially attached to any of them. There is a bit of a harem going on, it's more subtle than some other shows I've seen but it's there. What really bothers me though is that there are a couple characters that are infatuated with him very shortly after meeting him which is uncomfortable. So would I watch the second season? Maybe. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't find myself being excited for it either. Though I am curious with the bigger story about the game itself and why it started, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment